Friday, November 21, 2008

Run, Baby Run!

Last night we had Stake Young Women in Excellence. I love my calling, until we have a big event like this...kind of stressful.



The young women had ward display tables with the things they had accomplished over the last year. As a Stake Young Women's Presidency we decided to have our own table and display our things. We all brought our Trek paraphernalia and then whatever else we wanted to display.



I brought my running shoes.




My husband was wandering the tables and came upon one.

He looked at the paper attached to some running shoes and said that he thought "Wow, 2047 miles? I've never run that many in 1 year..I wonder which Young Woman ran that many miles?....I'll find out and go talk to her" Then he looked at the table heading...it said 'Stake Young Women's Presidency'.

It was then he realized that the shoes were mine!


It's nice to know I can still impress my husband after 18 years.







So you think you can dance?

The high school had a competition for the fall clubs....at an assembly the teams danced for the school.
They had a guest judge...Chelsea Hightower who was on 'So you think you can dance' last season and made it to the top 5. She is in our stake and was on our youth committee 2 years ago.

The girls soccer team had a great time...here is their video. It's pretty fuzzy.

Lauren is the one on the right that does the cartwheel toward the end.



4 comments:

Davis Family said...

With a name like Jill it's hard to go wrong! You are very impressive:)

I enjoyed the video! Thank goodness for the on line help:) There's nothing like a good wack!

Annette and Scott said...

Great Job Lauren!! WOW Jill...I can't believe you've run that many miles!! I'm IMPRESSED!!!

Andrew and Trena said...

holla! from my math you average about 8 miles a day??? i saw laurens cart wheel

Mike Nelson said...

haha i love that first song!! GET SILLY!! GET SILLY! Good job lauren!! And cool story about the running shoes! ha