Sunday, July 27, 2008

Trek!

Well Trek has come and gone and it was so amazing! Here we are before we left that morning all pretty and clean.
Wait till you see the after pictures!




Lauren & Marta!


Some crazy kids from our ward!


Here are some of us all comfy in the car on the way up. The kids had to ride a bus and we got to take our car because they needed it as an 'ambulance'.


The first rest stop.
The Stake YW Presidency
Me, Annette, Judy & Dianna



Awww Lauren & BJ.
What cute pioneers!


Bishop & Russ discussing something very important I'm sure...like maybe what restaurant we are stopping at on the way up!


At Martin's Cove

I'm pretty sure the pioneers had sunglasses & earrings!


Marta at the Martin's Cove visitors center



Lauren & Trevor eating breakfast



Marta & her family crossing the Sweetwater river




Austin with the green hat!


Ron crossing the Sweetwater alone

Some of the Young men carried the Young Women across the Sweetwater.
Ron wanted to carry me but I refused. How mean am I?



After the river crossing there are these monuments to the 4 Young Men that helped carry the pioneers across in the ice and cold. They are beautiful!


Me, Annette & Dianna





One of the nights we had square dancing. All of the kids were tired from walking but that didn't stop them from having a good time.


Yep even BJ, Lauren & I danced!


Do-Sa-Do
Marta!




On the trail again!

Rachelle, Janice, Me & Alena




Lauren at a fireside



Austin relaxing in the cart with Jamie




Everyone from our ward that went on the Trek

Our whole Stake had 320 people go, 240 youth!




Yep, here's the after picture.
Notice the pants underneath my skirt.
The skirt came off shortly after the picture was taken



Taylor and Bishop enjoying the food the rescue party brought!
It was SOOO good!


The last night after the fireside.
I have completely ditched the pioneer attire

I am almost positive the pioneers rooted for the Cowboys back then!



Nate & Lauren at the Solo fireside the last morning


The Trek was such an amazing experience.
Even with all the hard work and planning I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Just give me a few years to recuperate.


Oh I almost forgot my lip! On the last morning I woke up with a huge bottom lip! (Sorry no pictures Wendy) I guess it was from the wind & Sun; about 20 other women had the same thing, but I have to say mine took the cake. It went away quick with a little ice & ibuprofen but Lisa nicknamed me Angelina Jolie. It was free collagen; I should have been happy but it was hideous!


Thanks so much to Laura & Paul, Mem and Amy for watching Nelson & Cullan while we were gone. It was a huge help!!

Anyone wanting to see more pictures can probably go to Annette's blog that is linked on mine.



9 comments:

Ashley said...

oh jill im sure they had sunglasses and earrings too ;) HAHA i loved the trek i went on too. im just glad we dont have to do that every week for months on end! 5 days was plenty for me! i was happy to get back to my warm shower and jeans :D

Wendy said...

I really do wish there was a lip photo . . .

Jill, I left a little something for you on my blog. No pressure~

Annette and Scott said...

Jill--thanks for the pressure in getting my stuff posted on my blog..hopefully it will be done tonight. I wish we had a lip photo of our matching fat lips. That would have been hilarious!!
Glad we were on the trek together!!

Bensons said...

I have been checking in on your blog since December (Thanks for the cute Christmas card btw!)...it hasn't taken me long enough to comment right?! ;)
I just wanted to mention how much I miss that ward! Even though I'm (supposed to be) "grown up" now I still miss it and all of my leaders! ..Especially you! :)
I am glad they still have you working with the young women, you are making more of a difference in those girls' lives than you will ever know! ..I know b/c of the impact you had on mine! Thank you!

Ok this message is long enough now, HaHa, Sorry! I'm glad to see you and your family are doing so well! :)
Loves!

-Kristina (Carlson)

Peggy Eddleman said...

I love your pictures! I thought about you during the trek. I'm glad you had a great time! Although I think it would have been hard not to-- the trek is such an amazing thing, isn't it?

I saw a big bottom lip or two at church on Sunday. I didn't know it was such an epidemic!

Sherry said...

Great pictures. I finally posted our trek pictures. What a great experience. We had an AMAZING Sunday meeting as well. Thanks SO much for all your planning. From our view it was a TRUE success.

Andrew and Trena said...

holla! looks like it was a lot of fun.....too bad you guys cant go t cali with us! sorry lauren! where are the pics from when we were there?

Unknown said...

Wow- How many days did you guys trek for? It looks like fun actually. I like the dresses too. Our stake had full dresses with aprons. I like the top and skirt thing(but I didn't go so...) People who are reading this-I've seen the lip before and OOOOO not postable on the blog- Ha ha ha Love you Jill-

Kadi, John and girls said...

What an experience!! It looks like it was great!!! Wish we could ship our Youth/Leaders out there to experience the Trek for themselves! You have such a fun Calling Jill!! Remember those Youth Conferences we used to go on???!!!!!!