Friday, November 16, 2007

Mom's 60th Birthday!!

I don't have anything new to blog right now so I decided to tell about my mom's 60th birthday last May. It definitely deserves some blogging.

All 8 daughters(sisters and sisters-in-law) plus my daughter Lauren, surprised my Mom and took her to her favorite Beach House for her Birthday. It was so fun. The best part of it was how suprised she was. Dad did a good job of keeping the secret and packing Mom's things for the weekend.
Here's how it played out. Lauren and I & Laura and Parker drove down from Utah(everyone else was already there). The next day my Dad brought my Mom down to the beach for dinner for her birthday. We were all waiting in the restaurant. She was so surprised; as you can see from the pictures.


After dinner we decided to go for a walk on the boardwalk. We walked her past the beachhouse and started kidding around about trying to see who was staying in the house. I snuck through the gate and started for the front door and my Mom was saying "Get away from there, what are you doing?; someone is going to see you". Meanwhile my sister Angie had gone around the back of the house and gone in. When I got up to the front door Angie opened it from inside and we all yelled "Surprise!"

Here she is opening her presents. Cute hat Mom!


We all stayed at the beach for 2 days and just shopped and stayed up late and watched movies. We had such a fun time. Oh and we ATE!!







Okay so the weather wasn't great for tanning but we had to at least try.


2 comments:

Laura said...

Sweet! Let's go to the Beach House again!

Brandy and Pauls Family said...

Ya!! It was fun. Hey its almost May again.