Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!



Happy Mother's Day Mom!

My mother had 9 children! We were a handful growing up; I don't know how she survived. We are all grown now and the thing I most appreciate about my Mom is that she gave me 8 brothers and sisters who are my best friends. I'm sure when we were little she wondered if we'd ever stop punching and chasing each other.
Let me list a few of the things that I can remember we did to either hurt each other or ourselves.(sometimes we didn't need any help).

Kristin- Her jar of caterpillars fell and broke and she rushed to catch them and had to get stitches in her wrist.
Jill- I fell and hit my head on the coffee table(stitches right above my left eye)
Mark-Stitches in the head, courtesy of me and the sprinkler head that I swung at him.
Angie-I can't remember anything happening to her.(well maybe that Kindergarten/bathroom incident)
John-Getting hit by a car while running back across the street(by far the worst)
Paul-Almost cutting off his finger with the pruning shears.
Laura-Hospital stay for a weird white blood cell count thing.
Andrew & Michael-Too many to count: Burning their hands on the oven door at the same time, falling down the stairs in their walkers at the same time or being born 2 months early and being rushed back to the hospital because they stopped breathing.
These are just the ones I can remember...I'm sure there are things I never even knew about.
I remember a friend of mine when I was about 12 saying: "Wow if you were an only child, you'd be rich!" I'm so glad we weren't 'rich' and that I wasn't an only child. I would have missed out on so much.
Thanks Mom!






























































































Here are all 9 children!



Here is the whole family-minus 3.

My mom's birthday last year at Newport Beach!




My mom's favorite restaurant(mine too)!





THE Beach House!




At the Newport Temple!

Catching my mom to take her picture is hard so I have to do it when she's busy.

Somethings I've learned from my mom:

  • Patience
  • Always dance in the rain
  • Serve others
  • It never rains in California
  • My love of reading
  • My love of the sun

Happy Mothers Day Mom! I love you!

5 comments:

The Christensens said...

You punked Laura!

Laura said...

I was going to say... is it just me or am I missing?

Laura said...

you can see me if you look on internet explorer, but not on firefox. worked!

Unknown said...

I can see everybody...Nice Post Jill ! Was Laura missing before?

Melissa said...

That was so nice - you guys have an awesome family!