Monday, May 5, 2008

A week at the Greenwoods

I keep thinking of all these things I need to post and never do. Then by the time I'm ready to do it, 10 other things have happened that I need to post. I never feel caught up. So I'm just going to post a bunch of things we did this past week. Soccer, baseball, field trip, trek planning and more soccer.



Nelson has started baseball again. He loves it. He is especially excited because this year his coach is letting him pitch. He also tried catcher.
Cullan's favorite sport is soccer. He is quick and energetic and really plays his position well. He has a great kick and completely enjoys himself when he is playing. This is the 1st Saturday that I can remember that we had good weather out in Alpine for his game. There wasn't any wind! (Alpine is the Chicago of Utah) .



Nelson's class went on a fieldtrip to 'This is the Place' heritage park in Salt Lake on Friday. I got to go with them. It's really a neat place. We were there all day and it seemed to go by in a flash.(That's saying a lot for a 4 th grade fieldtrip!)
They got to experience what it was like back in the 1860's. Here you see Nelson with his nose on the wall and his arms held as high as he could get them behind him. This is what they had to do if they were acting up in class.
I think I will try this at home.

And here is Nelson with his favorite animal! A pig! Well Piglets. He would love to have one as a pet but he would love it more if he could eat it! He loves everything that comes from a pig. Bacon is his favorite food.
Lauren had soccer games Friday night and Saturday. Saturday's game they were 2 people short and had no subs. They were exhausted! They played really well and the other team was really frustrated that they couldn't score on them with less players. With about 5 minutes left in the game the other team did finally score, but Lauren's team did an awesome job of holding them for so long.


On Thursday the 'Family Committee' for our Pioneer Trek this summer met to organize the youth into families. It was a long day. We fasted and went to the Temple in the morning and then spent all afternoon putting the families together. It was so fun to see the families come together. I love the women I get to serve with. They are a blast!

Ok so this is me after all of that!

Oh and in between we watched the playoffs. Go Celtics, Go Jazz! That would be awesome if they were in the finals together! I would be torn.

3 comments:

Laura said...

It makes me tired just thinking of doing all of those things in one week. Let us know when the kids games are so we an come...Parker would love it!

Andrew and Trena said...

holla! you wont have to be torn.... the jazz will not make it to the finals, but the celtics will! hehe i love the pics!

The Christensens said...

I really think I am going to try that arm thing Nelson did. I might laugh too much!!