Friday, June 13, 2008

CLOVER POWER

CELTICS ALL THE WAY!


Bird & Magic


Last night's Celtics/Lakers game was awesome! I have converted all of my children and we had a crowd at our house watching the game. Ron's brother Eldon and my nephew Andrew stopped by and stayed and watched the 4th quarter with us. Lauren got home from work at halftime and her friend BJ came and watched the game with us. Good thing he likes the Celtics. Nelson's friend Clain was also here. Yep, he's a Celtics fan too.

I have to admit, in the beginning I was getting nervous. Down by 24 points and it didn't get any better until the end of the 3rd quarter when the Celtics slowly made their way back. I am a bit superstitious and have to wear Celtics gear when I watch. Last night I had my Bird jersey on and I'm pretty sure thats what did it...haha :)

I used to love to watch Larry Bird play back in the 80's. His behind-the-back passes were amazing. I have to admit though that I had a huge crush on Danny Ainge back then. I met him at the Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield(where I lived) when I was 16 and he signed my K-swiss sneaker. I even named one of my stuffed animal Frogs 'Ainge' back in the day. I still have it but I can't find the sneakers...what a bummer!


Now days my favorite player is Ray Allen. The 3 point man.

So anyway, it was a good game.....what a comeback.

3 comments:

Mike Nelson said...

HOLLERATION! INGELWOOD UP TO NO GOOD!

Andrew and Trena said...

holla! i have been wanting to post some celtics stuff but i guess im waiting till they win tuesday night in BOSTON! holla! Loved the post! Best one yet! haha

Laura said...

Holla! go Celtics!