Friday, June 6, 2008

Cullan

My Baby is 8!

Cullan turned 8 on Tuesday!

How did he get to be 8 without me realizing it? I swear this is what he looked like yesterday! (Yes the kids liked to dress him up in a doo-rag)

See the carpet he is on? I have Cullan to thank for new carpet. When he was a baby he spit up, well threw up, on everything. In huge amounts! The carpet did not survive. I would try to put blankets down so he wouldn't get it on the carpet but he was a mover and a shaker and never stayed in one place. Once he started walking the reflux stopped thank goodness. He always likes to hear stories of how he threw up on people.

This is when Cullan was 7 months old. He gave us quite a scare. I woke up early to go running and as I walked past his room I heard this horrible wheezing sound. I went in to check on him and he could barely breathe. He was swollen and had these red bumps all over him. We called our neighbor and good friend Bel who is a nurse and she told us to get him to the hospital right away. Come to find out he is allergic to Penicillin.

Our children get to have friend birthday parties when they are 5, 8, 12 and 16 so this was a big year for Cullan. Here are the friends he invited to his party.



Parker came too!

We had pizza and cake before we took off to Boondocks to play all day.



Trying to keep track of 9 young boys(all wanting to go different directions) was a challenge. I'm glad Ron decided to come with us at the last minute.


Cullan with his good friend Brooks. They were born on the same day!

Here they are ready to race!




Here's Ron being competitive, which usually only happens with his brothers. He loved trying to pass everyone on the track.



A quick family party!


Later that night Cullan & Nelson both had baseball games. Nelson got the game ball(he's holding it). He made a double play at 2nd base and also chased a guy down and tagged him out. After that I heard a kid on the team ask the coach if he could play 2nd base. The coach said "No way. Nelson just made 2 awesome plays at 2nd, no way am I taking him out." Nelson was pretty excited to get the game ball.




3 comments:

Todd said...

What a cute boy (i'm looking forward to having him in scouts)! You must have had your hands full with all of those boys, looks like it was a huge success.

Ashley said...

aunt jill!!! i didn't know you had a blog!! now we can be friends haha

Laura said...

Seeing those baby pictures does make it seem like just yesterday! Then I scrolled down and saw Parker and can't believe that it has been so long that I have a little boy. It just hit me, how fast time flies!